The 2018 CEF Gala
Date: September 26, 2018 (Wednesday)
Location: Union Station
Registration Information: See link below
CEF’s annual education gala is DC’s premier education event. It is the one night when the education community – advocates, policy-makers, and administrators – come together in support of education funding to honor those who have demonstrated their strong commitment to increasing the federal investment in education for the success of our nation’s students.
The 2018 Gala will honor three champions of federal investments in education:
- Senators Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) will be honored with the Terrel H. Bell Award for their outstanding advocacy of education as a congressional and national priority.
- Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) will be honored with the William H. Natcher Award, which recognizes distinguished service in elevating the priority of education funding to ensure better opportunities for our nation’s children.
2018 Legislative Conference
A ticket to the gala also includes entry to CEF’s legislative conference, “Why Education Funding Matters,” taking place the same day from 9-11:30 a.m. in the Capitol Visitor Center (SVC 203-02). Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) will receive her award and address the conference, which will include the following two panel discussions:
History of Education Funding: US and international comparisons”
- Michael Feuer, Dean of the Graduate School of Education and Human Development and Professor of Education Policy, George Washington University
- Stephen Parker, Legislative Director, Education & Workforce Committee, National Governors Association
- Moderator: Michael Stratford, Politico
“Evidence of the Importance of Investing along the Education Continuum”
- Matthew Chingos, Director of the Education Policy Program and Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Harry A. Patrinos, Practice Manager, World Bank Education
- Moderator: Emily Wilkins, BGOV