50th Anniversary – CEF Gala 2019
Date: September 18, 2019 (Wednesday)
Location: Hotel Intercontinental – The Wharf
Registration Information: Coming soon
CEF’s education gala is DC’s premier education event. It is the one night when the education community – advocates, policy-makers, and administrators – come together in support of education funding to honor those who have demonstrated their strong commitment to increasing the federal investment in education for the success of our nation’s students.
You may purchase individual tickets on our website or by emailing CEF Deputy Executive Director Sarah Abernathy at Abernathy@cef.org.
Past Events- the CEF 2018 Gala
2018 Legislative Conference
A ticket to the gala also includes entry to CEF’s legislative conference, “Why Education Funding Matters,” taking place the same day from 9-11:30 a.m. in the Capitol Visitor Center (SVC 203-02). Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) received her award, followed by the two panel discussions:
History of Education Funding: US and international comparisons”
- Michael Feuer, Dean of the Graduate School of Education and Human Development and Professor of Education Policy, George Washington University
- Stephen Parker, Legislative Director, Education & Workforce Committee, National Governors Association
- Moderator: Michael Stratford, Politico
“Evidence of the Importance of Investing along the Education Continuum”
- Matthew Chingos, Director of the Education Policy Program and Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Harry A. Patrinos, Practice Manager, World Bank Education
- Moderator: Emily Wilkins, BGOV
In order to ensure a safe and productive environment for all participants, CEF will not tolerate harassment or other offensive conduct at CEF events. Such conduct can include offensive comments, verbal threats or demands, sexualized images, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of sessions, and unwelcome physical contact or attention. Any concerns should be brought to the immediate attention of the event staff or CEF leadership. Violations may lead to exclusion from the event.